Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My S.I. Pizza/Burger picks


1st off, lemme say that the best burgers and pizza are (sadly) NOT found on S.I. ...Jersey and Manhattan are where one must go for (what I deem) the best.
That being said here's my fave picks for the best Staten Island has to offer:



Pizza: (listed in order of preference)
-Brothers (scilian is best)
-Denino's (still the best thin crust type)
-Joe & Pats (runner up for thin style)
-La Bella (not bad, sauce is kinda sweet)
-Papa John (last resort-sauce still has that slight "chef-boy-ar-deey" taste to it,but at least they use fresh mushrooms!)

-DeGiorno (pure desperation-when they're all closed)

Burgers:
Bridget's Public House
Burger Chef
Duffy's
Tugs
Ruddy & Dean
White Castle
Absolute last resorts: any sheeple chain (chevy's, applebees, charlie brown's etc.)

Well, that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Al said...

Papa John's? Blown your cred! Milano, Goodfella's, heck even Rey's on Victory is better.

4/27/2007 11:13 AM  
Blogger edroogie said...

know another pizza place that will deliver at 12:30 AM? papa will!!

4/27/2007 12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

white castle? lol.. well yeah it is good..especially late at nite

7/05/2007 11:34 AM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Okay now have patience with me - it's been ages since I've done the whole "let's get a pie" thing on the Island.
My vote back in the 60s, 70s and hell, even 80s would have been Pal Joey's on Forest.

8/13/2007 7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home