Wednesday, September 14, 2005

movies at the st. george again!....kinda


I see there's a few actual films being shown again (1-time only) at the st. george.
(aww, gee I was just getting used to all those "great" stage shows they run there!)

Anyways, there's this thing called the "downtown Si film festival" and they are having some films at the theater, as well as a few in the muni parking lot across the street....they are setting up a "drive-in" It's got an inflatable screen, and you tune into your car radios to hear the audio. (for $23.50 a car!!) I am not sure how good this is gonna be, (I mean, Drive-Ins gotta have that speaker that clips on your window!) But they are showing Grease, Pink Floyd:The Wall, ET, and One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest outdoors. Playing at the St. George is: Casablanca, The Wild One, Spy Kids 3-d, and a couple of other "classics"...The only one that caught my interest was "Abbott & Costello meet Frankenstein". (at 5Pm on a monday!)

I think good idea to actually show MOVIES in what was for most of it's life a great MOVIE theater, hope this becomes a habit...and not just once a year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home