Friday, September 07, 2007

Savage Thrust official website


Some of you may or may not know of a metal band I played with called Savage Thrust. From 1985 -1992 we played a never-ending series of live gigs, many at a club called "lamour's".... This allowed us to sell thousands of cassette tapes, appear on a compilation album ("speed metal hell II"!!) ...record a 7" single, then a full LP.. ( These recordings are very rare today, and command premium prices on eBay) ...even tour Mexico!! We were (unbeknowest to us) one of the founding bands that helped form the legendary early NY/NJ thrash metal scene. (we shared the stage with practically every heavy band around at the time: Overkill, Anthrax, Nuclear Assault, etc.)

It never ceases to amaze me when I hear from Myspace fans these days! (guess thrash is making a comeback!)...some are as young as 17 years old! (we played our last gig in 1992!!)
...I guess we did leave some kinda mark, afterall...

The band hope to have a compilation CD with ALL old material together on disc for the 1st time!!! (possibly a DVD with a vintage live performance will be included as well.) Should be out before christmas.
We are considering temporarily reforming in order to write & record a new tune specifically for this release!
soooo.... here's a vintage itv clip for 'ya from 1999!!!



industrialTELEVISION

Add to My Profile | More Videos

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew of the "Eat'em Raw" album here in Mexico on the eighties, then I record a song ("Insanity") from a radio broadcast here in Tampico, Mex. I Think that is a great song, but I'd like to know the full album. Hope soon we be able to get some of that music.

9/10/2007 12:53 PM  
Blogger edroogie said...

funny, we never had a song titled "insanity"..but thanks!
see more info at savagethrust.com

9/11/2007 4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right, (sorry!) The song I recorded on that radio broadcast was "Infected"... I recorded several songs from diferent bands that thay, so I get confused. I have had that tape since 16 year ago and it was just a months ago that I started to seek for the name of the bands on that tape. It was not easy to know it but thanks to the internet I finaly did it. I'd like to have the full song (I only have a fragment)...

9/12/2007 12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home