Thursday, December 01, 2005

Capote


I can not see what the raves about this film are. I RARELY ever walk out of a film, but this was one of those times. I could not take another reel (when I seen the final reel change cue come up, I knew it was gonna be another 15 minutes, I had to book) and I was barely staying awake.
The whole film to me looked like this picture. Just a extreme close-up of Hoffman "empathizing" to the story. Don't get me wrong, Hoffman is a good actor, and portrays Capote (probably) faithfully during that phase of Truman's career.
I think the main problem was that the film did not cover the period we knew Capote & loved from (I'm talking about being drunk and ranting on 70's TV shows like Stanley Seigel and Mike Douglas)...that was the FUN Truman, not the boring one depicted in this film. I know what you're saying: "In Cold Blood", those grisly murders, etc...."How could it be not interesting?"....Well don't friggin' blink, or you'll miss any violent scenes what-so-ever in this flick.
Maybe one day the later (drunk & fun) years will be brought to the screen, but until then this movie does not warrant accolades.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home