Tuesday, May 17, 2005

the FINAL underground film nite

Will be 8pm - may 25th at Martini Red...(372 Van Duzer Street -stapleton)

we tried for 6 months to get our crowd to come out to Stapleton and also cross-over to a new college audience, but to no avail...even when there were some regulars at the bar, (which was rare) they stayed in the front, not caring what was going on in the back. I can't blame the owner for cancelling, 6-12 people weekly just don't cut it.
so, I guess there's one less of the "signs that the island is getting hipper".
But fear not-plans to do something at CSI and the coney island summer film festival are in the works....we can't be gotten rid of that easy!

BTW, know of any bars to host our film nite? tell 'em to contact me!

3 Comments:

Blogger Joanna said...

Wow, I'm sorry I missed it now. I always thought there would be crowds there - one of the reasons I put it off "till next one".

I'm going to ask around to see if any of the bars around would do it.

7/11/2005 9:57 PM  
Blogger edroogie said...

yeah, good luck! we have an offer from the gecko, but there's scheduling conflicts. and I will try to update the blog at least weekly from now on...I promise!

7/12/2005 6:09 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

The gecko - ah yes, the former dive strip bar with skanky eastern european girls - ha! But now it's "cleaner" and no fun. I do hope it works out so you can liven the place up.

Thanks for the response and the update.

7/13/2005 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home