Saturday, April 16, 2005

the sorry state of locally-produced TV

Why is it that more often than not every time I turn on channel 34 there's some imported religious program on? It's because we don't have enough locally-produced shows to run!
It's really sad when you think about it....here we have an invaluable resource at our disposal, (staten island community television, or SICTV-our local community access channel) and most people do not take advantage of it. Look-just go down to cable way, take the course ($65.00) and start producing your own TV show!
If you need the impetus to do this, simply watch the channel for a week...I guarantee you will have ideas and say to yourself: "I could do better than this crap!"...and go and DO iT!
Watching you sitting at a desk and talking for a half-hour about ANYTHING would be better than the current tripe currently being broadcast daily.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did like that crazy lady who would sing and scramble eggs -- I think her name was Candy. Any idea what happened to her? And, Joey G. productions are hard to stop watching sometimes.

4/19/2005 12:22 PM  
Blogger edroogie said...

Candy, I think still does some shows, but mostly in manhattan now , from what I hear...I know guys that masturbate to the sweet 16 shows Joey G. puts on.

4/20/2005 2:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know some sick people -- I watch Joey G for the conspicuous consumption (it never, ever fails to amaze me!)

4/20/2005 9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joey G. is the guido master!

I think the only person with more guidos, juice bags and wanna be mobsters from Annadale, on their show is Vito Picone.

God I hate the South Shore! The morons out there give the rest of us such a bad name.

4/20/2005 2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Vito Picone the guy with the Doo-Wopy kind of show from South Beach?

I hate the South Shore too - I try to avoid going below Great Kills at all costs.

4/20/2005 3:11 PM  
Blogger edroogie said...

yep, he's that dude. He's also an extra in some movies like goodfellas.
Hard to believe that Joey G. is the uncle of Buddy G.(giovinazzo), director of the legendary COMBAT SHOCK.

4/21/2005 6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home