Sunday, April 10, 2005

some random issues about S.I.

top 10 things I hate about staten island...
10.-Staten island cable -gee, I'm glad I upgraded to digital, now I just have to re-boot the fricking box once every couple of weeks!...let's not mention the low volume, "screen freezes" and other signal break-up problems!
9.-CTV - if anybody has watched a show or two on channel 34/35....you know what I'm talkin' about, dood!
8.-The Ferry-I don't care how much they put into the terminal, the restrooms on the boat still smell like urine...
7.-The S.I. Advance - oh, I mean the "local politician photo-op newspaper"...the writing is horrible, the articles are insipid, where does one start?...P.S. I've never seen a good paper with a "worship" section every week...
6.-The Mindless Sheep mentality - islanders just follow the herd, re-walking the same well-treaden path over and over again...
5.-The Borough President(s) - in the contractor's pockets, sold away the island to developers, funding of stupid projects, mob ties, what's to like?
4.-Business owners - (see "sheep" above)
3.-The bands who play ONLY on S.I - one must seek out the other "off-island" clubs -get out there and play every weekend!...it's your only hope!
2.-Whiggers - I realize they are just lifting black culture to up there 'street cred"....but it still makes me wince daily...
1.-Guidos, Coo-Genes, Guidettes, etc. -note to them: Goodfellas, Donnie Brasco and A Bronx Tale are movies, not a lifestyle....AND GUYS-STOP WAXING YOUR EYEBROWS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home