Sunday, April 10, 2005

ya know, it's funny....

ya know, it's funny....when I was growing up on the island, we used to goof on the old geezers when they would point to the mall and say:"I used to hunt rabbits back there ....no more"...


I DO remember a lot more desolate areas on the south shore. I also recall an incredible amount of woods in that area...Jeez, I remember when "heartland village" was new and the houses were hated, like:"who would live in a community like that?...we'd ask ourselves... boy, oh boy....many people today would jump at the chance of owning one of those detached units!


even more amazing, I went to see my 1st rock concerts here on SI....bands like Black Sabbath, Yes, Alice Cooper, and others at the Ritz theater in port richmond! Yep, many top recording acts played there 30-35 years ago. And let me tell 'ya, when there was a show playing, it was like greenwich village...stores open past midnight, hundreds of people walking the streets, people partying everywhere....and "ground Zero" for all that was happening was the "Head Shop".....no more...(christ, sound familiar?)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever go to the concerts put on by WNEW in Silver Lake Park back in early 70s?

Dig your TV show by the way.

7/25/2005 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home