Saturday, December 24, 2005

a half century of insanity

when I was most of your ages, I would think about anyone 40+ years old-"shit, you're OLD-probably going to die soon, right?" I would tell people...yet, seeing it now from 50-year-old eyes, it really doesn't seem old. Hopefully, you will all get there one day and see my point.
The only thing that I DID notice recently (while listening to "classic rock" radio) is that I realized-I had seen 90% of these groups live.

yes, today I turn 50 years old.
(yeah, having a birthday on xmas eve sucks in a way when you are younger-I always had that cheap uncle who would give me a fiver and say "Here, Eddie-$2.50 for your birthday, $2.50 for xmas." But it gets better if you are older and want to forget your age, only my closest friends remember my birthday, everyone's caught up in the holiday.)
...funny, I don't feel 50, I feel like a 19 year-old...
now run out and fetch me one, eh?
...preferrably asian with huge cans.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

12/29/2005 11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy extraordinarily belated birthday, man.

1/11/2006 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home